GEM Portal- Government E-Market Place is a dedicated e-market, that has been set up to procure services and goods. This platform is used by Government Organisations/ Departments and PSUs. In simple words, this is a portal where government organizations can buy goods and services directly from the seller. There are two modes available for buying goods and services. The buyer can directly order goods and services on the gem portal otherwise they can choose for bids. In this article, we will explain everything related to the GEM portal and will let you know that how you can register with the portal. Also, we will share every detail related to bidding and orders.
How to register as a seller on GEM Portal?
If you are a seller and want to deal with government organizations directly, then it is the best platform for you. Here you can simply register and sell your items or services to the government departments. Follow these steps to register with GEM:
- Locate the signup button on the right top corner of the homepage
- There are two options available, one is for the buyer and the other for sellers
- Choose the seller option
- On the next step is a page for terms and conditions, read them carefully
- Click on the Review terms and conditions button and accept the terms once you are done with the reading
- For the registration, enter the organization type in the very first step
- Business type can be proprietorship/firm/company/trust or Central/state government agencies
- Fill the name of your organization below the type
- When you will be ready with the name and type, fill in your aadhar or personal pan details
- You can choose any of them and have to verify the same with OTP
- Next few steps are for your contact details and tax information
- Fill in all the details carefully and you will be able to see your GEM portal dashboard
Now when you are registered with the GEM portal, you will need to update your service or product catalog. You can choose from various categories and products. As per your choice of products or services, create the catalog.
How to complete your profile on the GEM portal?
Your registration has been completed on the gem portal and now GEM will lead you to your profile. There you have to fill in certain details to carry forward on GEM. The list of details are :
- Pan Validation
- Company Details
- Office Locations
- Bank Accounts
- Tax assessment
- E-Invoice declaration
- Key Person Validation
- DoE Order Compliance
- Seller profile
- My team
There is one more option for the reseller panel, which we will discuss later in this article. Now let’s elaborate that how you can fill in all the required details easily.
Pan Validation Gem Portal
To complete the pan Validation on GEM fill in these details:
- Business Pan
- Name ( As in Pan)
- Organization/ Business Name
- Date of Incorporation
- Office Name
- Type of Office
- Town/ City
- Contact Number
- E-mail address
- OTP verification
- IFSC code
- Bank Name
- Bank Address
- Bank Account Number
- Account Holder Name
- Account type (Primary)
- ITR Type
- Assessment Year
- Acknowledgement Number of ITR
- Profit and Gain from Business
- Gross Receipts from Business
Note: In this area, you should use your ITR form, not ITR acknowledgment
In the next few steps, you can easily fill the MSE and key person validation updates. If your company is registered with the Startup India program, you can mention it here.
Your personal details can also be modified using the profile tab and the old password can also be changed here.
In this article, we have shown that how you can create an account on the GEM portal. We will share the bidding details in the next article. If you have any issues related to this topic, you can drop a comment in the box.