Sometimes it happens that due to some typos, you may transfer your money to the wrong bank account number. There are a lot many account numbers available with the bank and if you have entered the wrong details, they will receive your funds. This might be big trouble for you because if the beneficiary has withdrawn the money, it will take time to make a return. Here is a sample letter to the bank manager for the wrong money transfer to another bank account. With this letter, you can request the bank manager to hold the money in that account.
Sample letter to bank manager for wrong transaction
We are giving you a sample of this letter, you can change your personal details as per requirement. Here we have shown the format in both Hindi and English language.
The Bank Manager,
State Bank of India
(Name of the beneficiary bank)
Address of the bank
Subject: Regarding Money transfer into the wrong account
My name is ___________ and I am having a savings account in your branch with the account number ______. On dated ______ I made a transaction of Rs. ________ with my internet banking.
The money was supposed to receive by Mr./Mrs. ______ with account number ______. But due to a mistake, the amount was sent to the account number ______.
I would like to mention here that the transaction number is ____ and as per my statement, the wrong beneficiary has received the amount.
I hereby request you to help me get my money back. I will be thankful to you.
Letter to bank manager for wrong money transfer to another bank (Hindi)
बैंक मैनेजर महोदय,
ब्रांच का पता
विषय: गलत अकाउंट में धनराशि जमा हो जाने के विषय में
मेरा नाम ______ है और मेरा खाता संख्या ______ है जो आपकी बैंक ब्रांच में है। दिनांक _____ को मैंने अपनी नेट बैंकिंग का प्रयोग करके ______ रुपए श्री_________ के खाते में भेजे थे। उनका खाता संख्या ______ है। किन्तु गलती से वह धनराशि खाता संख्या ______ में चली गई। इस प्रक्रिया का ट्रांजैक्शन नंबर ______ है।
आपसे निवेदन है कि आप मेरी धनराशि मुझे वापस दिलाने में मेरी मदद करें। मै आपका अति आभारी रहूंगा।
What actions can be taken for transfer to the wrong account number
- If you have transferred the money to the wrong account number and the account holder is from the same bank, you should talk to your manager immediately. They will freeze the account of the receiver and he will not be able to withdraw the money. Then the bank will let him know about the situation and will return your money. This might also take some time depending on your manager.
- On the other hand, if the beneficiary is from another bank then your manager will talk to that bank and will ask him to stop the transactions of a related bank account. Once they are done with this activity, you can use this formal letter and demand this money.
- You can also get the information of the wrong beneficiary from the bank and can contact him directly. If the beneficiary is a gentle guy, he will return your money right away. But that is a very rare situation and people are not good enough. So you should talk to your bank directly.
- Nowadays RBI has guidelines that force bankers to settle these kinds of cases immediately. Bank will help you on an urgent basis if you will mail this letter to the RBI escalation team as well.
- At last, if the beneficiary has withdrawn the money and used that, it’s gonna take time to get your money back.
In this article, we have shown you Letter to Bank Manager for Wrong Money transfer to another account. We have made this sample in both Hindi and English language. You can choose as per your requirement. If you have any questions related to this, please let us know. Customer can also contact to grievance redressal cell of RBI by using this link.